Marketing Through Social Media
This program combines lectures, case studies, and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, participants will gain a solid and structured understanding of social media platforms, identifying and targeting a particular audience, and how they fit with a broader marketing strategy. Through case studies and lectures, students will gain an understanding of the importance of social media and how it fits with marketing a product or service. They will demonstrate their knowledge by developing and presenting a social media strategy for a given product or service.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in creating your own social media strategy. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Understanding the Risks, Threats, and Opportunities in Social Media
- Social Media Psychology: Understanding the User
- Social Media Platforms and Their Use in Business
- Developing and Applying a Social Media Marketing Strategy
- Presenting and Critiquing a Social Media Strategy
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
2 weeks in duration for each program.
37 hours of instruction for each program.
- Completion of Grade 10 or equivalent or mature student status 18 years or older.
- Completion of high school or equivalent or mature student status 18 years or older.
- English language proficiency established by one of the following: TOEFL (IBT) 64, IELTS 5, pass VGC admission test with minimum score of 70%, achieve VGC’s level 5 ESL program, and/or complete VGC’s admission interview.
2019 – August 6 to August 16
2020 – August 4 to August 14
* These programs are offered as a special request for groups throughout the year.
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $900
- Material Fee: $30
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $30