Exercise 1: Nature
Read the sentences and guess what word each refers to.
Example: You can catch one in a river or a lake. > fish
Exercise 2: The Superlative
We use superlative adjectives to describe extremes “It was the happiest time of my life”.
- • You form the superlative with the + superlative adjective.
- • For one syllable adjectives, use -est (young – youngest).
- • For two syllables or more, use most + adjective (important – most important).
- • For an adjective that ends in –y, change -y to –iest (happy – happiest).
- •Some adjectives are irregular (good – best/ bad – worst).