You have completed Week 51 Level 7-8 G&V.
You scored 0 correct out of 10 questions.
You have collected 0 points.
Your obtained grade is
Your answers are shown below:
Question was not answered
Exercise 2: Plurals
Rules for plural formation:
- • Nouns ending in s, x, z, ch or sh are made plural by adding -es. E.g. witch, dish, box, class.
- • Nouns ending in -y are made plural by replacing -y with -ies; E.g. candy- candies, city- cities, fairy- fairies.
- • Some nouns that end in -f or -fe become plural by changing -f or -fe to -ves; E.g. wife- wives, leaf-leaves.
- • Some nouns that end in -f or -fe can be made plural by adding -s; E.g., chief- chiefs, proof- proofs.
- • Some nouns ending in -is can be made plural by changing -is to -es; E.g. crisis- crises, thesis- theses.
One noun in each group does not follow the same rule as the others for plural formation. Find it.
Example: casino / ratio / hero / promo