As of July 01, 2020, and following the BC Government’s re-opening guidelines, VGC’s campuses are open and we are offering in-person classes. This page includes all of the documentation necessary for current and prospective students in order to educate themselves about how VGC is responding COVID-19 and creating a safe learning environment.
COVID-19 Safety Protocols at VGC
Class Structure: Blended Learning
VGC is now offering all of its regular classes in a blended format. This means as well as having the option to study online from the comfort of their home, students also have the opportunity to come into campus for face-to face classes.
Please ask your VGC representative for more information.
Safety while on Campus:
For a detailed safety plan regarding all VGC’s measures to prevent and limit the spread of the COVID-19 virus both on a personal level and at an institutional level, please download VGC’s Safety Plan:
VGC also has a Pre-arrival package for all students planning to enter Canada. This document includes student responsibilities and preparations needed before travelling to Canada, while travelling and arriving in Canada. This document provides links and apps that are necessary for those travelling to Canada. Please download the Pre-arrival package:
VGC has created a list of hotels in the Vancouver area that are accepting students who wish to self-isolate. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list and the details provided are subject to change. Please contact the hotels directly for more information.
Publicly Available Resources:
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- To speak with a medical professional: 8-1-1
- Non-medical hotline for COVID-19 questions: 1-888-COVID19(1-888-268-4319) or via text message at 604-630-0300
Government of Canada
- Government of Canada Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) Resources and Information
- Government of Canada travel advisories
- Government of Canada: Outbreak update
- Toll-free phone line to answer Canadian’s general questions about COVID-19: 1-833-784-4397
- Study permit: COVID-19 program delivery
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): International Students