Title: November 07, 2020 – BC updates COVID-19 regulations for the next two weeks
Information: Although these updates do not affect schools, including VGC, we would like to remind all students of the following:
- Self-Assess for symptoms every day before coming onto Campus
- No guests in your private residences and no indoor social gatherings of any size
- No indoor activities
Access to more information can be found on the BC government website: Lower Mainland and Fraser Valley restrictions
Title: November 02, 2020 – IRCC News Release: Government of Canada announces new mandatory requirements for travellers to Canada starting November 21, 2020
Information: The following is now mandatory for students travelling from their countries.
- Students must download the ArriveCAN phone application and submit their information electronically before they board their flight.
- Once they arrive in Canada, they must submit through ArriveCAN that they have arrived at their place of quarantine within 48 hours of arriving and they must complete a daily COVID-19 symptom self-assessment during their quarantine period.
- Consequences for not doing the above could lead to fines up to $1,000 and may be followed-up by law enforcement.
Access to the full article: Government of Canada announces new mandatory requirements for travellers to Canada.