With VGC Virtual you can now start your pathway into a Canadian university from home! We offer two program options for you depending on your level of English as well as your language and academic goals: University Foundations and University Preparation.
Preparing you for Success at a Canadian University
University Foundations (Level 5 & 6)
Course focus: Academic English and skills while still covering grammar and other general English skills needed at this level. This provides a foundation for students who wish to transfer into the Advanced University Preparation Course.
This program is offered exclusively through VGC Virtual!
- Intake: Weekly
- Admission Requirements: VGC level 5 (placement test) or IELTS 5.0 (recent score)
- Learning formats: Online only
- Duration: each level is 12 weeks
- Study time: part-time
- Schedule: flexible schedule (different time zones)
University Preparation (Level 5 – 8)
University Preparation Intermediate: Extensive university style reading, writing and analysis. This course is intended to provide a foundation for students who wish to transfer into the Advanced University Preparation Course. In University Preparation Advanced students focus less on general English skills and more on English for Academic Purposes (EAP) ensuring you are university ready.
- Intake: Monthly
- Admission Requirements: UP Entrance Test
- Learning formats: Online and in person
- Duration: each level is 8 weeks
- Study time: full-time
- Schedule: Fixed schedule (Vancouver time zone)