As the border starts to open and we welcome more students in-person, you may have questions about class formats, vaccinations, and keeping safe while you study. We want you to have an amazing VGC experience without compromising your health. To do this, we will be implementing a Covid-19 vaccination policy.
Starting from September 7, VGC will only accept fully vaccinated students for in-person only classes. Students will need to provide proof that they have been fully vaccinated to access our on-campus classes. Please note, fully vaccinated means 14 days after the second vaccination dose.
How does this policy affect current students?
- Fully vaccinated – You will be able to start in-person only classes from September 7 onwards.
- Partially vaccinated – If you have had one vaccine shot and are waiting on a second, you will remain in blended classes and will be on campus on rotation until fully vaccinated. You must provide proof of being fully vaccinated.
- Not vaccinated – You will continue with blended classes and will be on campus only on rotation.
How does this policy affect new students?
- All future students must be fully vaccinated to attend VGC starting September 7.
- Students who received non-Canadian government approved vaccines but which are approved by the WHO, will be able to join in person classes once their isolation period has finished. Check out this list of approved vaccines in Canada and the list of approved vaccines by the WHO.
- If you are unvaccinated but wish to be vaccinated in Canada, you can register for VGC but will not be able to attend in-person only classes until fully vaccinated (two weeks after your second shot). You must provide proof of vaccination.
- If you are unwilling to be vaccinated, you will not be able to attend any in-person classes, including our blended classes, but are welcome to take our online only programs.
Have a question about our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy?
We can help answer any questions or concerns regarding the policy or if you need help getting your vaccination. Vaccinations are free for international students living in Canada. Contact us directly or drop by our student services team on Granville campus.