UPDATE Covid-19 Vaccination Policy for VGC Students
UPDATE – October 13, 2021
VGC recently implemented a Covid-19 vaccination policy on September 7. We want you to continue having an amazing VGC experience without compromising your health. In response to the Government of Canada’s decision requiring all their employees to be fully vaccinated by October 29, we are updating our vaccine policy. Starting November 1, all students are required to be fully vaccinated to come onto campus (fully vaccinated means two weeks after your second shot).
How does this policy affect current students?
- Fully vaccinated – You will be considered to come on-campus to attend your classes and receive in-person services
- Partially vaccinated or planning on being vaccinated – You will be moved to our online classes and will not be able to come onto campus until you have received your full vaccination. If you are in a hybrid class, you will be moved to the online part of your class
- If you are unwilling to get vaccinated, you will only have access to our online classes and will not be able to come onto campus
How does this policy affect new students?
- All future students must be fully vaccinated to attend VGC starting September 7.
- Students who received non-Canadian government-approved vaccines but which are approved by the WHO, will be able to join in-person classes once their isolation period has finished. Check out this list of approved vaccines in Canada and the list of approved vaccines by the WHO.
- If you are unvaccinated but wish to be vaccinated in Canada, you can register for VGC. However, you will not be able to attend in-person only classes until fully vaccinated (two weeks after your second shot). You must provide proof of vaccination.
- If you are unwilling to be vaccinated, you will not be able to attend any in-person classes but are welcome to take our online-only programs.
Have a question about our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy?
We can help answer any questions or concerns regarding the policy or if you need help getting your vaccination. Vaccinations are free for international students living in Canada. Contact us directly or drop by our student services team on Granville campus.
Updated on October 13, by Cassandra Leong[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]