Diploma in Business Communications
This program focuses student learning in the area of Business Communications. Through a mix of competency and outcome based learning, the student will gain skill and experience through individual and team based instruction. Building on a base of Canadian business best practices in sales and marketing, the student will learn how to use various forms of communication to efficiently and effectively deliver and execute a variety of business and sales requirements.
Upon the completion of this diploma, the successful student will:
- have a good understanding of business terms, theories and organizational structure for Canadian business.
- be able to use basic mathematics for everyday business calculations.
- demonstrate the ability to write and present an effective presentation.
- write various correspondences and be familiar with various forms of business communications.
- develop their own leadership styles and techniques.
- demonstrate exceptional customer service in a person-to-person sales relationship whether it is through face-to-face, online, or over the phone.
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
*Please consider reading weeks when planning the duration of your studies.
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
April 6th • May 3rd • May 31st • July 5th • August 3rd • August 30th • October 4th • November 1st • November 29th
- 2021 Reading Week:
• March 29th – April 2nd
• June 28th – July 2nd
• September 27th – October 1st
• December 27th – 31st
January 4th • January 31st • February 28th • April 4th • May 2nd • May 30th • July 4th • August 2nd • August 29th • October 3rd • October 31st • November 28th
- 2022 Reading Week:
• March 28th – April 1st
• June 27th – July 1st
• September 26th – September 30th
• December 26th – 30th
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $8900
- Material Fee: $240
- Textbook Fee: $450
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $70
PTIB Approved Program