Diploma in Business Communications
This program focuses student learning in the area of Business Communications. Through a mix of competency and outcome based learning, the student will gain skill and experience through individual and team based instruction. Building on a base of Canadian business best practices in sales and marketing, the student will learn how to use various forms of communication to efficiently and effectively deliver and execute a variety of business and sales requirements.
Upon the completion of this diploma, the successful student will:
- have a good understanding of business terms, theories and organizational structure for Canadian business.
- be able to use basic mathematics for everyday business calculations.
- demonstrate the ability to write and present an effective presentation.
- write various correspondences and be familiar with various forms of business communications.
- develop their own leadership styles and techniques.
- demonstrate exceptional customer service in a person-to-person sales relationship whether it is through face-to-face, online, or over the phone.
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
24 weeks of academic study.
480 hours of instruction.
*Please consider reading breaks when planning the duration of your studies.
- International students must complete high school or be a mature student
18 years and above.
- International students must reach an IELTS 5.5 or equivalent or complete VGC level 5 intermediate program or pass VGC Placement test.
- Domestic students must complete high school.
2020 • January 27th • February 24th • March 30th • April 27th • May 25th • June 29th • July 27th • August 24th • September 28th • October 26th • November 23rd
2019 Reading Breaks • March 25th – 29th • June 24th – 28th • September 23rd – 27th • December 23rd – 27th
2020 Reading Breaks • March 23rd – 27th • June 22nd – 26th • September 21st – 25th • December 21st – 25th
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $8900
- Material Fee: $240
- Textbook Fee: $450
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $70