Diploma in Business Communications
This program focuses student learning in the area of Business Communications. Through a mix of competency and outcome based learning, the student will gain skill and experience through individual and team based instruction. Building on a base of Canadian business best practices in sales and marketing, the student will learn how to use various forms of communication to efficiently and effectively deliver and execute a variety of business and sales requirements.
Students taking the Diploma are encouraged to add Capstone to their program. This will become mandatory in 2020.
Upon the completion of this diploma, the successful student will:
- have a good understanding of business terms, theories and organizational structure for Canadian business.
- be able to use basic mathematics for everyday business calculations.
- demonstrate the ability to write and present an effective presentation.
- write various correspondences and be familiar with various forms of business communications.
- develop their own leadership styles and techniques.
- demonstrate exceptional customer service in a person-to-person sales relationship whether it is through face-to-face, online, or over the phone.
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
*Please consider reading weeks when planning the duration of your studies.
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
January 27th • February 24th • March 30th • April 27th • May 25th • June 29th• July 27th • August 24th • September 28th • October 26th • November 23rd
- 2020 Reading Week:
• March 23rd – 27th
• June 22nd – 26th
• September 21st – 25th
• December 21st – 25th
January 4th • February 1st • March 1st • April 6th • May 3rd • May 31st • July 5th • August 3rd • August 30th • October 4th • November 1st • November 29th
- 2021 Reading Week:
• March 29th – April 2nd
• June 28th – July 2nd
• September 27th – October 1st
• December 27th – 31st
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $8900
- Material Fee: $240
- Textbook Fee: $450
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $70
PTIB Approved Program