Entrepreneurship: How to Create a Successful Business
This program combines lectures, case studies, and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, students will gain a solid and structured understanding of entrepreneurship and how to start a successful business. Through case studies and lectures, students will gain an understanding of the importance of industry analysis, writing a business plan and financing a new venture. By the end of the course, participants will develop and present a new business and show full understanding of the process of taking a business idea to realization.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in creating your own business. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Identifying Opportunities and Generating Ideas.
- Feasibility Analysis.
- Competitor Analysis.
- Examining Various Business Models.
- Financing or Funding.
- Components of a Business Plan.
- Writing a Business Plan.
- Designing a Business Model.
- Presenting and Critiquing a Business Plan.
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
2 weeks in duration for each program.
37 hours of instruction for each program.
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
* These programs are offered as a special request for groups throughout the year.
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $900
- Material Fee: $30
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $30