by HENRIETTE FREESE
Summer is approaching and we are getting excited for our Summer Teen Experience Program 2017! Every year we host young adults from all over the world who come to Canada to spend their summer leaning, exploring and making new friends here in beautiful Vancouver!
What better way to learn English in Canada during the summer vacation, than while having fun with other teenagers from all over the world? Taking part in an English summer camp in Canada is a wonderful opportunity to develop confidence and leadership and step out of your comfort zone – all while improving your language skills. Outdoor adventures, city explorations, classroom activities and weekend trips make for life-changing experiences and wonderful memories!
With a wide variety of different options available, here is why VGC’s Summer Teen Experience Program stands out:
Academics – Our High School Preparation is a unique English Program relevant for the life of a teenager
- Whether you are planning to attend a Canadian High School or go back home after the summer camp in Vancouver – with our unique English program you will be sure to learn language skills and vocabulary relevant to your daily life as well as the topics you know from school. Our teachers are very experienced in teaching teenagers and will make sure that you have fun in the classroom while advancing in your studies! Twice a week we will take the lesson out of the classroom to include various museums, exhibits and other activities where you will take part in academic activities with your classmates outside the normal classroom setting. That way you can apply your language in a practical and interactive way.
An international environment – find new friends from all over the world
- Vancouver is a multicultural and cosmopolitan city and our summer program attracts teenagers from all over the world! This makes for a great environment to learn a new language and increase your confidence while using English. You will learn about new cultures and different points of view and will form friendships that will last for years to come!
A true Canadian experience and an amazing activities schedule
- We have an activities department dedicated to creating a fun-filled schedule for your time in Vancouver. You will enjoy a variety of different activities during your time in Canada. Our excursions and activities in and around Vancouver include hiking trips, bike rides, beach volleyball, watersports and much more. Our highlight is a multi-day trip to the Rocky Mountains where you will take part in the great Canadian tradition of experiencing the outdoors. This means wildlife, bonfires, canoeing and discovering the breathtaking landscapes that the beautiful country has to offer! You can find the full activities calendar here.
Caring and experienced staff
- VGC International College has been organizing summer camps for many years and we have extensive experience in providing programs for teens. Our staff is trained and we always ensure that there is an appropriate ratio of staff to students. We provide all participants with emergency contact numbers and have staff members speaking the following languages: English, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, and Mandarin.
Summer Package – Nothing to worry about
- We offer a complete package so you don’t have to worry about anything. This begins with a carefully chosen host family in a safe and comfortable environment, full board accommodation, airport transfers and medical insurance so you are covered for your time in Canada. The package also covers all fees and costs related to tuition, books and materials as well as all the activities that are part of the program.
Vancouver – one of the safest cities in North America
- Vancouver continuously ranks among the top five cities in the world to live in and is also one of the safest cities in North America. The public transportation system is safe and reliable and students can easily move around town on their own. VGC’s Campuses are within just a few minutes walking time from Waterfront station, the major transportation hub in Vancouver connecting all Sky Trains, Busses and the SeaBus. With its mild climate, beautiful beaches, gorgeous rain forests and mountains in the backyard, Vancouver is one of the most exciting and beautiful places to be in the summer!
Are you interested in joining our English summer camp in Vancouver or would you like to receive more information for your teenager? Please contact [email protected] and we will be happy to provide you with more details! We can’t wait to welcome you in beautiful Vancouver this summer![custom_author=Henriette Freese]