This program combines lectures, case studies, and a final group project for assessment. By the end of this seminar course, students will have gained a solid and structured understanding of what it takes to be a strong company leader. Through case studies, we will explore the successes and failures of leaders. More importantly, we will explore both how leaders become leaders, and the reasons why. Through lectures, we will see the importance of vision and how approaches to leadership differ. Furthermore, through daily projects and presentations, participants will gain a better understanding of their own leadership skills as well as practical knowledge of how to become a better and more effective leader.
This seminar will teach you the basics of how to succeed in a leadership position. The course is broken up into the following sections:
- Defining Leadership: What makes a good leader?
- Leadership Approaches and Styles
- Establishing Vision and Mission
- Building the Leadership Skill Set
- Self-Evaluation of Leadership
- Presenting and Critiquing Leadership Strategies
Monday to Thursday – 8:45am to 1:50pm
Friday – 8:45am to 11:45am
– Class start and end times may vary as schedules will be modified to accommodate Canadian holidays.
2 weeks in duration for each program.
37 hours of instruction for each program.
- Complete high school or be a mature student of 18 years and older.
- Reach an IELTS 5.5 (academic) or TOEFL 70 or equivalent or achieve a VGC Level 6 Upper Intermediate or pass the VGC placement test.
- Pass an admissions interview
- Complete high school.
- Pass an admissions interview.
2022 – July 4 to July 15
* These programs are offered as a special request for groups throughout the year.
- Registration fee: $150 – Unless already registered as a VGC Student.
- Tuition Fee: $900
- Material Fee: $30
- Administrative Fee: $20
- Assessment Fee: $30